Sunday, September 25, 2011

We went to my in-laws for dinner today. My husband has been working every week, and we only get to spend about 35 hours with him, we get Saturday nights, Sunday and Monday mornings. My mother in law is an amazing cook, and anytime her son(my husband) wants something she will cook it for him. So last week he asked for her amazing mole (don't ask how to make it because I don't know, I only know that it has chicken, chocolate, peanut butter and some kind of mix that comes from mexico) anyway, it is really good so she made a big meal for us today, enchiladas, mole, rice and beans. We had a mexican feast, and it was YUMMY! While we were eating she asked me if I got to watch the General Relief Society meeting yesterday....and it hit me that I had completely forgotten about it! In my defense I have been sick, and yesterday I spent ALL day cleaning the house so that my husband would come home to a clean home.......foolish! Well I'm glad I did it, but because I was so concerned about cleaning I forgot to watch the Relief Society meeting. My mother in-law asked me to watch just one talk with her today, President Uchtdorf's talk on "Forget Not"
So we sat, and watched it. You can find it all the talks  here
I love General Conference time, it's always EXACTLY what I need to hear....this talk was so powerful for me today. Here are the 5 Forget Nots
1. Forget not to be patient with yourself
2. Forget not the difference between good sacrifice and foolish sacrifice (see foolish, that I was cleaning instead of watching Relief Society general meeting)
3. Forget not to be happy NOW
4. Forget not the "Why" of the Gospel
5. Forget not that the Lord loves you.

"You are not forgotten.
Sisters, wherever you are, whatever the circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you, with an infinite love." Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf



No comments:

Post a Comment