- he only uses Duncan Hines mixes. When we first got married I bought some boxes of Betty Crocker cake mixes because they were on sale, and it was like I had commited a CRIME! He will not use them!
- he insists that the way he mixes the mix is like no other, and that's why they come out so moist and fluffy
- he also says he knows exactly when to take the cake out of the oven, which to me, the exact time to take a cake out of the oven is when it's BAKED!...I'm just sayin'
- and that the secret is also in the way that he frosts the cake
- Lastly, (which I will fight him to the death about) is that box cake mixes taste better than cakes made from scratch!
I found this chocolate cake recipe by Martha Stewart here Martha knows what she's doing, so I figured I would try it. It was AMAZING! The consistency of it, reminded me of the Linda's Fudge Cake at the Cheesecake Factory. My parents are also not big fans of frosting so they wanted me to frost the cake with real whipped cream. Needless to say, everyone LOVED the cake! It was good.....what did my husband say about it? "It's good, but still not as good as my Duncan Hines" GRRRRR!!! Whatever! LOL
Here's a pic of my parents with their cakes
|Yes, my mom is 4 years older than my dad. We tried to switch the cakes around on my dad, but he was not having it!|