Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!!

As soon as my girls got in the car yesterday when I picked them up from school, they reminded me that it's Dr. Seuss' birthday on March 2nd. How could I let this opportunity for some fun pass? So we had green eggs and ham!! The kids were a little skeptical at first, but once they saw how I made the eggs green, they were ok with it. Food coloring is not scary at all.

They don't look green on the picture...but they were!
I remembered that I have a fish cookie cutter, so we recreated the classic One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, Dr. Seuss book. We had a lot of fun decorating.
our fish cookies
When we were done decorating, we watched The Cat in The Hat, which I'm not a big fan of the "Hollywood" version of that, but my kids love it, so I endured through it. What a great time they had, we may have to do a character or book themed night more often.

2 comments:

  1. what a great idea!! I should do thing like that with my girls...I am sure Nya would love some green eggs!! Next year I will for sure do something!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aren't you a fun mom! what great ideas. we need to go to the pool soon. what days are open for you? how about mondays or fridays? let me know if you are up for it sometime.

    ReplyDelete